A 3 bed, 2 bath 1400 sf ranch with a large fenced-in backyard and a beautiful Live Oak tree.
As-Built Drawing & Demolition
Come learn how to measure and demo a house! You’ll walk away with the skills to measure gross area square footage, windows, doorways, countertops and cabinets, and how to sketch an as-built plan — skills you can apply to any room or house you’d like to remodel. Then, we’ll grab some sledgehammers, pry bars and hammers and learn how to deconstruct the space.
SketchUp for Beginners
Have a space that needs remodeling? Before you get to work, you’ll need a 3D representation of your space to help you imagine what the finished product will look like! Dare to be your own designer and use SketchUp to create a rendering of your own space.
Install Cork Flooring
Looking for an environmentally friendly alternative to laminate wood flooring, with the same bang for your buck? This class will demonstrate how to size and install click-lock plank flooring by using a jigsaw, a framing square & ruler, sawhorses, a hammer and a tap bar.
Install Trim & Baseboards
Replacing trim is one of the easiest ways to update a home to give it a more modern look & feel. Learn how to measure, cut and install doorway/window and baseboard trim. Installing your own trim is an easy and satisfying way to save in labor costs during a remodel.
Let’s remodel a house together! What better way to learn the ins and outs of the design-build world than to attend a class that combines instruction with real-time application.
This class builds on skills taught at the most recent Women.Design.Build workshop series; however, previous attendance is not required. You’ll receive all the instruction and tools you’ll need to participate in the deconstruction and reconstruction of a residential dwelling using local resources, natural building materials and Google Sketchup drafting techniques; alongside other like-minded women with a passion to create.
- Amy Bernhard, email@example.com
- Scott White, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Brozgul, email@example.com
- Christina Mirando, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sophie Stuart, email@example.com
Here are the dates, times, and locations of the workshop classes:
As-Built Drawing & Demo Saturday, Sept 6 | 1 pm – 5 pm; 5-7 pm happy hour
Google Sketchup Thursday, Sept 11 | 6 pm – 9:00 pm | Center 61 – 2921 E. 17th Street Suite 4 Bldg D 78702
Install Cork Flooring Wed, Sept 24 | 6 pm – 9:00 pm
Install Trim & Baseboards Wed, Oct 8 | 6 pm – 9:00 pm
Before each class, we’ll email you details on what to bring (work boots/tennis shoes, gloves, water bottle, etc), along with a waiver of liability. Tools and safety equipment will be provided!
Disclaimer: This program is a 4-part workshop series being offered as one package or as individual workshops. If you would like to purchase all 4 workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a $20 discount code. The discount code only applies if you are purchasing the complete series.
I appreciate development-design-build companies that have high architecture + design standards, but it’s equally important that companies are (1) in tune with the needs of the community/marketplace, (2) have high ideals when it comes to quality and are (3) well run. Whenever I meet someone who’s doing it right, I can’t rest until I’ve promoted that person’s work. IMPACT Developers’ latest project, Skybridge Lofts, is a shining example of development done right in Austin.
Skybridge Lofts started taking reservations under the radar (off MLS) a few weeks ago, and they’ve already taken 35 (out of 69) reservations in Phase 1. That alone doesn’t say much because everything is selling in this market. So, let me go a step farther to explain why you should contact me to reserve in Skybridge Lofts (or to get on the list for future communities):
- IMPACT Developers is applying a luxury home builder mentality to affordable, mid century and modern hill country-inspired projects within Central Austin. Because there are 115 units in the community, they can afford to keep the finish level high even at lower sales prices. And, according to IMPACT CEO Herman Cardenas, they’re adamant about using the best sub contractors in the industry, even if it means the project timeline will be a bit longer (Austin has a labor shortage right now, so good labor = longer wait times).
- IMPACT lucked out with the Skybride design because the developer they purchased the project from wisely used Bercy Chen architects. Even though – through value engineering – the final design has lost a bit of it’s uniqueness, it’s still a good design, comparatively. I hope IMPACT continues to push the envelope in the future — their target market is not okay with vanilla!
- Skybridge offers several finish packages plus the ability to go custom.
- Skybridge offers more amenities than any community I’ve seen in a long while — it seems they truly believe in creating community. Amenities list:
- 3 acre Central Park with 2 dog parks, 4 outdoor kitchens and an herb garden.
- A resort-style swimming pool with volleyball net.
- A jogging trail around the perimeter of the community.
- Fitness center.
- Networking areas with Wifi throughout community.
- The HOA fees will be $200-$250/mo including cable & Internet. The exterior will be clad with a fiberglass panel (not Hardie) that will never need to be painted, and the fencing will be powder coated. This is a big deal! They’re building a sustainable building, not one that the HOA will need to spend tons of money/resources on down the line.
- 105 of the condos come with garages; 10 have carports. There are 49 additional parking spaces.
Let’s get down to brass tacks. How much do the units cost (as of 3/20/14)?
- 1 bedrooms from $170K – $238K (690-1446 sf)
- 2 bedrooms from $265K – $355K (1256-1856 sf)
- 3 bedrooms from $339K – $355K (1785-1876 sf)
- Super lofts from $345K – $355K (1808 sf)
Where is the project located? (Right in my ‘hood.)
How do I reserve a unit?
- Contact me!
Outside of my role with Austin Modern Homes, I’m a Realtor with Realty Austin. I specialize in new construction sales and am always on the lookout for *worthy* modern + sustainable projects to promote!
Notes: Skybridge Lofts is a project by IMPACT Developers.
Don’t miss the Austin Modern Home tour Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013.